Notes from the Town Meeting. Please notify me of any errors. —–Sims—–
Town Meeting – 7/28/2013
Aaron Patriquin: Administrator
- In the last 90 days:
> Campus rekeyed. Good response.
> Office changes. Advertising for change of secretary from temp to permanent.
> Membership database moved from old Access to the church accounting software.
> Old lights in FLC restored to full service.
> Driver training instituted for drivers of church vehicles.
> Cemetery maintenance revitalized.
> Building and Grounds Committee reconstituted.
> Church vans all painted white and given maintenance.
> New network installed – nearing completion.
> HVAC repairs made.
> Old sanctuary repainted white.
> Temporary trailers removed.
> Grace Center being remodeled.
> School rooms being repainted.
> Plans being made for storage of materials.
> Constitution and Bylaws revision in progress.
> New night janitor hired.
> Staff reviews beginning
Jiffy Holland: Children and Youth Director
- Children and Youth programs developing.
> Volunteers are stepping up to help.
> More volunteers are needed.
> All kinds of positions.
>> Don’t wait to be asked.
> Expecting to experience a true revival at this church.
> Summer day program has been fun.
> Many unchurched involved.
>> Some responding spiritually
> Summer missionaries were amazing.
>> Only 1 1/2 weeks left.
Ben Jamison: Pastor
- After 40 days:
> God is up to something good.
> Indebted to Pastor Jim
> There has been conflict in the past.
>> Heb 12:27 “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.”
>> There will be more.
>> We will move forward.
- For 30 days he has listened and learned.
> There are some barriers to growth.
>> Acoustics in FLC
>> Visitor followup
> Open communications desired
> Fall happenings
Question: Relationship of Pastor, Staff, Council
- Developing an 18 month plan
- Definition of relationships
Question: When will we learn of Pastor’s vision?
Question: How is Pastor moving towards community involvement.
- Meeting with 3 local pastor groups.
> Effort’s reputation for cooperation is not too good.
> Building relationships
- Habitat for Humanity provides a platform for working together.
- Potential for using our facilities for community activities.
- Important that we take time to plan rather than throwing ourselves into random actions.
Deb Hall: Church Council
- Thanks to staff for all the work which has been and is being done.
> 8/20 Open Finance Committee meeting to review draft budget.
> 9/8 Town meeting to present Council approved budget.
> 9/29 Annual Meeting
Molly Fulton: Communications
- We have a number of means of communication.
> Mail lists – (2)
>> Sign up on website
> Facebook page
- Congregation needs to tell church of what they want communicated.
Cathy Chiovaro: Nominating Committee
- Committee in high gear now.
- Nomination list available soon.
Kim Feight: Personnel Committee
- Personnel Manual completed.
- Equipment procured
- Council Comment: Doing a great job supporting special events.
Jamie Devore: Missions Committee
- Successful mission trips
- First time with budgets
> waiting to see how well we stayed within
- August meeting to plan next year’s trips
Question: Announced land sale to VDOT requires Congregational Vote.
- Constitution Article 7, Section 7, (A)
> Announced in today’s bulletin, constitutes beginning of required 14 day notice.
> Special meeting to be called for vote.
Comment: Thanks for including Celebrate Recovery in budget.